10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start a discussion on Wireless/WiFi/Bluetooth OBD2 devices.These plug into the OBD2 port and wirelessly connect to a IPhone/Android/iPad etc.I purchased the iOBD2 device and will share my impressions on its functionality.I actually have a older itouch that I'll see if it'll work on as it can be a dedicated device other than my iPhone,If it's to outa date I'll use my iPhone.Ill also be getting a mount of some sort.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
>:)These devices can give you great comparison stats after mods, and after we crack the android auto we can put the app up on the big screen and get real time data !

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
So I got my OBDII scan tool today, I went with "Bafx" as it is made in the USA, I'm just running "Torque lite" app for now, I will buy "Pro". Easy setup everything seems to work haven't done a lot of testing yet. Looks like you can set gauges for just about every sensor the car has, intake temp and HP will be very useful for testing aftermarket air filters and cold air intakes. I knew that our throttle was dialed back but did not hear how much, according to this unit WOT is only at 78%. I will post pics after I find a gauge package and background that matches the car. One thing to note if you are going to buy any OBDII tool make sure you buy a Noodle cable, the location of the port leaves the tool exposed and you will kick it getting in and out of the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got 2 different adapters, initially for my Turbo 2nd Gen Scion xB2.
I tested both of them on the same 7" Android Tablet with Torque Pro.
I found the small blue adapter to fit better under the dash.
The longer one would probably hit my leg.
I'll try to post a video of it later today.
I've got a lot of widgets running on my tablet so it'll probably be really hard to see.
BTW! The refresh rate on these new Honda ECUs is significantly higher than
my old 2008 Scion 2az-fe ECU ... thanks, Honda, for getting something right.

amazon.com/gp/product/B011NSX27A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

microcenter.com/product/449150/Glider_GSM_Unlocked_Tablet (This isn't the actual tablet that I got. I'm just using it as an example)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts