10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
UPDATE: Well, it rained hard, at times, last night for several hours, and I went out this morning, not knowing what to expect. I nervously opened the trunk. It was BONE DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before I took it to the dealership, it would have shown evidence of water leaking. Nothing this morning. There is so much to like about the new 2016 Civic. It is a huge improvement over the past few. I have had a few, a 2010, a 2013, and now this one.
If you need to see where the leak was, I can try to attach a picture if you are having the same problem.
Pic would be a great idea, and save others hassles probably :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I totally agree with u dinn94. I have had my civic for 3 weeks and tried to get the speaker issue fixed but they did not hear the noise. Now today washed my car and my bags in my trunk was soaked ???. It seems my WHOLE trunk is wet. Both of the issues r known issues so why the heck r they treating us like we r crazy and they never heard of this?? I want to get in touch with a Honda rep !! Or Honda Corp service manager! I paid for a new car and I want it fixed right , I also know it's a new model so some issues will come up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My car I totally agree with u dinn94. I have had my civic for 3 weeks and tried to get the speaker issue fixed but they did not hear the noise. Now today washed my car and my bags in my trunk was soaked ???. It seems my WHOLE trunk is wet. Both of the issues r known issues so why the heck r they treating us like we r crazy and they never heard of this?? I want to get in touch with a Honda rep !! Or Honda Corp service manager! I paid for a new car and I want it fixed right , I also know it's a new model so some issues will come up.

My car says Honda manufacturing of Indiana 1/16

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was sure to give my trunk a thorough once over after washing the vehicle yesterday. No signs of water but I will keep an eye out. Hope your situation is solved quickly!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you haven't notice, all the Civic trunk lids (including mine) are misaligned with HUGE GAPS (compared to industry standards of about 4-5mm) of around 7-8mm. I reported this to corporate office at Honda in December but for them denial is the cheapest and easiest way out of this problem. Til this day...they are still misaligned (fresh ones on the lot). IF YOU NOTICE...MOST OF REVEALS (GAPS) AROUND THE WHOLE CAR ARE OUT OF WACK! SHAME ON YOU HONDA!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Can we ask the dealership to test the trunk for leaks with high water pressure before driving it off the lot? Only seems fair since this is such a common occurrence.

My car I totally agree with u dinn94. I have had my civic for 3 weeks and tried to get the speaker issue fixed but they did not hear the noise. Now today washed my car and my bags in my trunk was soaked ???. It seems my WHOLE trunk is wet. Both of the issues r known issues so why the heck r they treating us like we r crazy and they never heard of this?? I want to get in touch with a Honda rep !! Or Honda Corp service manager! I paid for a new car and I want it fixed right , I also know it's a new model so some issues will come up.

My car says Honda manufacturing of Indiana 1/16
Did they ever fix the leak? If they did, how did they do it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you go to the dealer and check the reveals (gaps between the fenders, doors, hood, roof & trunk) on the new Civic from 20 cars, you will notice (compared to the other models) the the gaps range from 2.5mm (pretty tight on the hood) to a whopping 8mm on the rear trunk lid which is the worst from any part of the car (very noticeable inconsistency). I would bet anyone $100 that the leak in the trunk would be the cause of this poor quality body assembly and quality control (human or robot doesn't matter). My car doesn't leak but if it were misaligned any further, I would have another deficiency added to my list and that would make it 17. The 2016 Civic was late to the party (launch in September) and now I know why (a slew of quality issues on the production line).

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Anyone willing to do some DIY (although the dealer/honda should be doing this) is to adjust the alignment. I did this in the past with older cars of mine. Takes some patience but if you can get it right... it's of course worth it. Willing to bet someone here will try it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let them do it. If you touch it and they find out, they can void your warranty on that issue. You dropped thousands of your hard earned money on a new car, its their fault cause of their quality issues on this car....why risk dishing out more money to fix it if you fail? It's their problem...not yours. If they don't rectify the problem then take them to court. It's that simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE: Well, it rained hard, at times, last night for several hours, and I went out this morning, not knowing what to expect. I nervously opened the trunk. It was BONE DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before I took it to the dealership, it would have shown evidence of water leaking. Nothing this morning. There is so much to like about the new 2016 Civic. It is a huge improvement over the past few. I have had a few, a 2010, a 2013, and now this one.
If you need to see where the leak was, I can try to attach a picture if you are having the same problem.
Hi Dlinn94
I have the same problem, my trunk is leaking when it is rainy.
Please can you send me or attach here the picture you are talking about.
I`m truing to find were the leak is and can't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, that is for sure. I have a 2016 Honda Civic EX with sensing. If any others out there have similar issues with their 2016 Civic, please let me know! Thank would be appreciated.
I have a 2018 civic Si 2 doors and I recently discover the same problem due to a bad odor coming from the trunk area. It also is at the left side

21 - 34 of 34 Posts